Hi patrolling members, this is the page to come to for all your patrolling information!
Patrol Season starts on Saturday 18 September 2021 and ends on Monday 2 May 2022.
Below are your key point of contacts for all things patrol in 2021/22. If you have any concerns, need to report anything or simply want to up skill yourself in another award please feel free to talk to any of these people.
|Club Captain||Tim Matchett|
|IRB Captain||Ben Tidey (interim)|
|Chief Training Officer||Donna Riley|
|Club Trainers||Clayton Kimeklis, Mary Farrell|
Patrol Roster and Groups
Rosters and patrol groups can be found through the following links:
If your name isn’t listed in a Patrol Group and should be, please let our our office know.
Patrollers and captains can also now find your rostered shifts through the dashboard of your Members Portal.
2021/22 Patrol Captains
Our Patrol Captains for the season are:
- Group 1: Ben Gill
- Group 2: Mary Farrell
- Group 3: David Holzheimer
- Group 4: Jane Makepeace
- Group 5: Justin Wade
- Group 6: Tim Matchett
- Group 7: rolling Patrol Captain
- Group 8: Simone Haugh
- Group 9: Mitch Gilmour
- Group 10: Greg Cox
- Group 11: Clayton Kimeklis
- Group 12: David Lincoln
- Group 13: Kirsteen Slessor
Important Patrol Information:
- You are required to be proficient (complete your Skills Maintenance course) by the 31st December 2021.
- You must be a financial member of the Club by COB Thursday, September 30.
- Patrol hours are Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays.
- Morning Patrol is 8:00am – 12.30pm. Please arrive 30 mins prior to start time to assist with set up. * Please note from 4 December 2021 – 30 January 2022 patrol start time is 7.00am.
- Afternoon Patrol is 12.30pm – 5.00pm. Please arrive 15 mins prior to start time for smooth handover. * Please note from 4 December 2021 – 30 January 2022 patrol finish time is 6.00pm
- All members must wear full patrol uniform at all times – long sleeve shirt, patrol noddy, red patrol cap patrol shorts. You should also bring sunglasses, hat sunscreen and water. All patrol members must sign on and off in patrol log.
- Write your name on the tag of your uniform, so if it is misplaced it can make its way back to you. If you lose your uniform it is your responsibility to replace these and can be purchased from the Club at cost.
- An SMS will be sent Wednesday prior to your weekend patrol.
- If you cannot make your patrol you need to find your replacement, not your patrol captain!
First step – Contact one of the voluntary members or another member who may be able to swap.
Second step – Let your Patrol Captain know as soon as possible that you won’t be in attendance and who your replacement will be.
Patrol pack up information:
- Wash all sand off all equipment
- First aid kit and defib to be returned to First Aid Room
- SSV is to be parked in the main shed in front of the surf boat, not in front of the IRB cage
- Report any first aid stores utilised to the First Aid Officer, Sharon Finucan
- Report any damaged equipment to the Gear Steward, Nick Perugino
- Please view this video on how to correctly wash down the SSV and Tractor (copy link into a web browser): https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5eaxpse3edjnq9/Video%2014-9-20%2C%202%2030%2011%20pm.mov?dl=0