Becoming a lifesaver – through obtaining your Bronze Medallion – is one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself, your family and the community. Not only are you keeping the public safe on the beach, you are also building bonds and friendships that last a lifetime.
Requirements to gain your Bronze Medallion (Certificate II in Public Safety – Aquatic Rescue):
- Minimum age of 15 years
- 400m timed pool swim in less than 9 minutes
- Be able to complete a 200m run-ocean swim-run by end of the course
During the Bronze Medallion course, you will cover topics such as:
- Surf Awareness and Skills
- Rescue Techniques
- Resuscitation, CPR and First Aid
- Defibrillation and Basic Oxygen
- Carries and Supports
- The Human Body
- Safety and Well-being
- Radio Operations and Communications
The Bronze Medallion course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge of patrolling and surf awareness in order for you to participate in lifesaving operations.