On this page:
- Key developments
- Key events and accomplishments
- Key Personnel
- Photo gallery
- Expired Air Resuscitation(EAR) , Chest Pressure Resuscitation(CPR) is adopted in the Surf Movement.
- The birth of the Ironman & Taplin Relay races.
Key events and accomplishments
- Early 60s the club wins the BP shield for overall points score in the Queensland Titles .
- In 1962 won a Caltex rescue ski for aggregate points in a carnival at Kurrawa.
- 1963 the Old Boys Association was formed.
- 1963 Royal Tour Surf Carnival at Coolangatta.
- 1964 tragic loss of member in a car accident.
- 1965/66 minor extensions to club house.
- 1965/66 motorised surf rescue boat explodes.
- 1966/67 first appearance of the Nippers.
- 1969/70 Andy Frizzell steps down after 26 years as President.
- This Decade was a very successful one as a Club, and in the competition arena.
|Season||President||Club Captain||Life Members|
|1960-61||A. Frizzell||C. Muller||K. Forsyth|
|1961-62||A. Frizzell||B. Jukes||R. Coffey|
|1962-63||A. Frizzell||C. Muller|
|1963-64||J. Spencer||C. Muller|
|1964-65||M. Webb||P. Ward|
|1965-66||A. Frizzell||P. Ward|
|1966-67||A. Frizzell||I. Gunn|
|1967-68||A. Frizzell||I. Gunn (to Dec)|
|1968-69||A. Frizzell||B. Howes (to Dec)|
|1969-70||G. Graham||B. Hayward|
With thanks to Robert McPherson and the late Andy Frizzell for this selection of historic photos. Click on a photo to see it in higher resolution.
More photos can be found at https://commons.wikimedia.org/ and by searching for Palm Beach Qld Surf Life Saving Club.