A benefit of your membership is access to training and the Club facilities throughout the year. The overall structure of the program is developed to cater for all Surf Sports competitors within our club from age 10 (Nippers) through to Masters.
- Build and develop relationships with club members
- Identify clear goals for individual athletes
- Introduce and explain the four club values we wish to stand by: Respect, Unity, Inclusive and Involvement
- Get feedback on training program
- Access and develop individual’s aerobic capacity and surf skills
- Adhere to social distancing
- Come in, TRAIN, go home
- Bring your own water bottle
- Practice good hygiene
- You MUST sign in to training
Surf Sports training schedule
Our Surf Sports training schedule lead by our volunteer Surf Sports Officer Ben Cox, include run, swim, board, ski, beach, gym and iron training sessions.
You can find details and information about our training and monthly schedules below. Any questions about surf sports training can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please note a change to board training locations. For U10 to Masters Currumbin Creek will now be on Thursdays and Beach on Tuesdays. An additional ‘Beginner Nipper Board’ session will be held at Currumbin Creek for U9-U13 on Tuesdays (from October).
- Training information and locations – updated 19 Oct 2021
- October 2021 training schedule*
- November 2021 – March 2022 training schedules are changing and will be loaded once finalised*
* subject to change
Nipper Board Usage: please find an update from SLSQ on Nipper Board Usage for under 6 to under 8.
Note, we are also trialling using Team App for Surf Sports training updates. Click on the link below to be taken to a page where you can download Team App. Then search for Team Palmy Surf Sports. Please turn on your notifications to keep up to date with updates.
Nipper Training Information
Those attending board training need to be surf competent swimmers. U10 and up can train on boards. U/9 are required to wait until after successful completion of evaluations at start of season.
You MUST sign on for training, No Sign, No Train. Coaches will have sign on sheets which will also cover COVID-19 tracking.
You MUST wear pink rashie and club caps.
OPEN and MASTERS (U14 riding 10’6 boards) Training Information –
All Senior members are welcome, including U14 Nippers riding 10’6 boards – those attending board training need to be surf competent swimmers.
You MUST sign on for training, No Sign, No Train. Coaches will have sign on sheets which will also cover COVID-19 tracing.
You MUST wear a pink rashie.