Our Surf Sports training schedule for 2023-24 season has commenced!
The full weekly training schedule is available on Stack Team App – sign up and keep up to date!
Stack Team App – all you need to know about our Club training
Our Club uses Stack Team App (formerly Team App) to share our training schedule and carnival information with members. We highly encourage members to download Team App to keep up to date with all happenings from our coaches and Team Managers.
- Download Team App and then search for Team Palmy Surf Sports.
- Turn on your notifications to keep up to date with updates.
A benefit of your membership is access to training and the Club facilities throughout the year. The overall structure of the program is developed to cater for all Surf Sports competitors within our club.
- Build and develop relationships with club members
- Identify clear goals for individual athletes
- Introduce and explain the four club values we wish to stand by: Respect, Unity, Inclusive and Involvement
- Develop Confidence, Competence and
- Get feedback on training program
- Assess and develop individual aerobic capacity and surf skills
When attending training, please remember to:
- Bring your own water bottle
- Practice good hygiene
- Always sign in to training
Nipper Training Information
Any Nippers (U10-U15) attending board training need to be surf competent swimmers. U10 and up can train on boards. U9 are required to wait until after successful completion of evaluations at the start of season.
Nipper attendance at training is subject to sufficient qualified Water Safety volunteers being in attendance. Nipper parents who have their SRC or Bronze Medallion can act in Water Safety. Without sufficient volunteers, Nippers are unable to train. The ratio required is 1 water safety per 5 nippers.
Nipper parents, please ensure see the Coach before every training session:
- Nippers MUST sign on for training, No Sign, No Train. Coaches will have sign on sheets to cover members in case of an injury claim.
- Nippers MUST wear pink rashie and club caps.
Water Safety at training
Ensuring our members, in particular our junior members, are safe at all times when involved in Club activities is paramount. This means following SLSA water safety procedures and risk management assessments during Nippers and all training sessions. Water based training sessions are the highest risk.
Parents must be actively involved in Training sessions to ensure a safe environment is provided at all times. Children are not to be dropped off at training. This is particularly important for children who do not hold an SRC certificate as the water safety ratio for younger age groups without surf rescue awards can be as high as 1 water safety person per 5 children.
More information will be shared with Nipper parents as to how you can become qualified to undertake water safety duties.
Water Safety procedures link: https://assets.entegy.com.au/documents/86d61f2a-810d-46e6-bee9-a506936f0764.pdf
Open and Masters (U14 and up) Training Information
All Senior members are welcome, including U14 Nippers riding 10’6 boards – those attending board training need to be surf competent swimmers.
- Members MUST sign on for training, No Sign, No Train. Coaches will have sign on sheets to cover members in case of an injury claim.
- Members MUST wear a high vis rashie.
Any questions about the surf sports training schedule can be directed to our Surf Sports Officer at email@example.com or the office.