(formerly known as Proficiency)
All Bronze Medallion, SRC and Nippers Water Safety award holders must complete an annual Skills Maintenance course. This is a skills refresher, not a test and covers all requirements set out by SLSA.
Members must complete their online theory and attend a session before 31 December or you will be unable to patrol, train or compete.
Requirements before attending Skills Maintenance
Before attending your in-person Skills Maintenance session, members must:
- Be a financial member for the 2023/24 season
- Have an SLSA Members Account
- Book into the Skills Maintenance session you wish to attend through your SLSA Members Account.
- Complete the theory component online through your SLSA Members Account.
– Click on eLearning and in the new SLSQ Hub,
– Click on the Skills Maintenance button to be taken to the etrainu system (you will have to log in again).
– Under Training Library, look for the red ‘2023 Skills Maintenance’ button and enrol in the application Borne or Surf Rescue certificate learning.
Tip: Complete the learning from left to right ensuring all videos reach their endings.
- Members 18 and over must hold a current Blue Card (working with children check) and have completed online learning for Child Safe Awareness (CSA) and Child Youth Risk Management Strategies (CYRMS) within the same season as obtaining their Blue Card.
- Pool swim requirement: If a member missed their Skills Maintenance in the previous season, they will also be required to complete a timed pool swim (Bronze Medallion: 400m in 9 minutes; SRC: 200m in 5 minutes).
Take this form to your local pool and request a swim coach to record your time and sign this form. Bring this to your Skills Maintenance session.
Members are unable to participate in a Skills Maintenance session if Online Theory has not been completed.
If you need assistance with any of the above, please contact the office during business hours.
Skills Maintenance course dates
All Palm Beach SLSC Skills Maintenance sessions have now been held for the season. Dates were:
|Saturday 19 August 2023||Palm Beach SLSC||7am for IRB, 7:45am for all other awards|
|Saturday 9 September 2023||Palm Beach SLSC||7am for IRB, 7:45am for all other awards|
|Sunday 8 October 2023||Palm Beach SLSC||7am for IRB, 7:45am for all other awards|
|Sunday 19 November 2023||Palm Beach SLSC||7am for IRB, 7:45am for all other awards|
|Sunday 3 December 2023||Palm Beach SLSC||7am for IRB, 7:45am for all other awards|
If you cannot attend one of the above dates, members can attend a session at any club in the Point Danger Branch. See the full list of dates below. Contact the relevant club directly or contact our Club Administrator for contact details if you will need to complete your Skills Maintenance at another Club.
Other PDB Club Skills Maintenance course dates:
|10/09, 22/10, 12/11, 10/12||Tallebudgera||8am|
|20/08, 10/09, 14/10, 18/11, 17/12||Pacific||8:30am|
|26/08, 24/09, 21/10, 19/11, 09/12||Currumbin||8:45am|
|09/09, 08/10, 05/11, 25/11, 10/12||Tugun||8am|
|03/09, 24/09, 08/10, 04/11, 03/12||Bilinga||8:30am|
|16/09, 08/10, 28/10, 19/11, 09/12||North Kirra||8am|
|27/08, 10/09, 15/10, 25/11, 10/12||Kirra||11:30am|
|17/09, 28/10, 18/11, 10/12 (@10.30)||Coolangatta||8am|
|20/08, 17/09, 21/10, 19/11, 10/12||Tweed Heads & Coolangatta||8am|
|02/09, 01/10, 04/11, 03/12||Rainbow Bay||8am|
What to bring to your Skills Maintenance session
- Your club noddy (cap)
- High vis rashie, swimmers and a towel