The fun of Surf Lifesaving starts here! Nippers season runs from September through to March, with sign-on and pool evaluation days in August. Key dates for the coming season will be announced soon.
New members are always welcome and to our renewing members… we can’t wait to see you back on the beach!
Steps to Become a Nipper
All nippers need to complete the necessary applications and pay fees ahead of the all-important Pool Evaluation day. The purpose of this annual assessment is to ensure that your child is proficient and has a basic ability to swim. Due to the beach environment, Nippers is not a learn to swim program and the pool assessment is a key safety element for your child.
Follow the steps below and you’re well on your way to becoming a ‘Palmy’ Nipper this season. If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to make contact with the Club Administrator during office hours.
1. Complete the necessary forms below:
- Membership Form in SLSA Members area, see ‘How to Join’ below)
- Medical form – only if your child has a medical condition we should be aware of
- Blue Card application (parents)
- Family Participant form
* Please ensure that the Club has at least one active e-mail address and contact mobile number. This is critical information we require in case we need to contact you and to provide important updates.
2. Pay your fees. For further information on membership pricing visit the Membership page.
3. Complete your Pool Evaluation . * Note, dates for Club-led pool evaluation days will be updated soon.
Our annual pool evaluation days are designed to assess the ability of your child in the water. If you can’t make the pool evaluation day, you can obtain an evaluation through your own swim coach, or contact your local pool for a time that suits to have one of their coaches complete the evaluation. A copy of the signed evaluation must be presented to the club prior to the start of nippers.
*Please note that no administration will be conducted at the pool evaluation due to COVID-19 requirements. Please submit all forms to the Admin Office. All people entering the facility will be required to scan a QR code to sign in.
4. Ensure all documents are complete by the first day of nippers (date for 21-22 season to be confirmed).
SLS Members Area Information
Existing nipper(s) need to renew their membership online via the SLSA Online Members Area (you can also do this on your mobile phone). There are two easy steps:
- Create a ‘members account’ if you haven’t done so already. If you have, simply enter you email and password where required. Please check your details and update if anything has changed in the last 12 months, ensure that the Club has an active e-mail address and mobile number.
- Renew and pay your Membership online – that easy! If you need further assistance please refer here for Renewal and Payment instructions.
If you get stuck please contact the Club Administrator during office hours who will be able to assist you with the process.
For new members joining the Club for the first time, it does become tricky! You’re more than welcome to give it a go! New member sign up. Instructions are available should you need help on how to join. Please ensure that the Club has an active e-mail address and contact mobile number.
While we encourage members to sign up using the simple online process, a printable membership form is available should you wish to print and complete. This can be bought into the club during office hours and payment can be made to the Club Administrator at this time also.
Blue Cards are compulsory for all committee positions, age managers and parents actively participating in key roles during the season. Palm Beach does respectively ask that ALL parents apply for a Blue Card as part of the sign-on process, as good governance for our club to ensure everyone is covered.
ALREADY HAVE A BLUE CARD?
If you already have a blue card with another organisation we are required to link it to SLSQ. You need to complete the Link an Blue Card Applicant or Cardholder form.
Registered teachers and police officers remain exempt from requiring a Blue Card as part of their professional duties. However, when providing services which fall outside of professional duties, you must now complete a Blue Card Exemption application online and submit it to Blue Card Services.