The big news is that PDB U11s to 14s Champs program has changed significantly to:
- Sun 7 Feb All beach events ONLY at Tugun SLSC
- Sat 13 Feb All water events ONLY at Tugun SLSC
While this is great, there are flow-ons which have been re-worked. Particularly for regular nipper sessions which have already been disrupted due to the Kozii carnival postponement last week and up-coming Club Champ rounds.
Here is the plan for the next three weekends to best to fit in with an already ridiculously tight calendar and make sure that the non-competitor kids are not missing out on sessions just because carnivals get moved around.
Sat 6 Feb Nippers
- All U6s to 10s run as per already scheduled at the Currumbin Creek (Pirate Park) under Josh Sealey’s supervision with the relevant age managers. No change.
- All U10s to U14s are invited to attend a flat-water nipper session at Talle Creek (Murlong Cres) under JAC supervision with all the relevant age managers in attendance.
Sun 7 Feb Competition
- PDB U11 to 14s competitors complete beach events. Age managers and officials required.
Sat 13 Feb Nippers
- Club Champs round 3 postponed
- U6s to U10s ONLY at the beach under Josh Sealey’s supervision with the relevant age managers. No change.
- No nippers for U11 to 14s.
Sat 13 Feb Nippers Competition
- PDB U11 to 14s competitors complete water events. Age managers, IRB, water safety and officials required.
Sun 14 Feb
- Relax and enjoy Valentines Day
Sat 20 Feb Nippers
- Club Champs round 3 (moved from 13/2)
Sun 21 Feb Competition
- PDB U8 to 10s Champs run as normal (fingers crossed)
Sat 27 Feb Nippers
- Club Champs round 4 run as scheduled.
Moving Club champs because of the carnival reschedule is completely out of our control and it makes those couple of weeks a bit full-on, but we cannot move them out further because it takes about 4 weeks to generate results and get trophies ordered and plated.
Thanks as always for your patience while we sort stuff out.
See you on the beach!